Effective: January 1, 2020
When we refer to “Seatrobot”, we mean the Seatrobot entity that acts as the controller or processor of your information, as explained in more detail in the “Identifying the Data Controller and Processor” section below.
Information We Collect And Receive
Seatrobot may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways:
• Customer Data. Customers or individuals granted access to an Event Organization by a Customer (“Authorized Users”) routinely submit Customer Data to Seatrobot when using the Services.
• Other Information. Seatrobot also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
I. Event Organization and Account Information.
To create or update an Event Organization account, you or your Customer (e.g., your employer) supply Seatrobot with an email address, phone number, password, and/or similar account details. For details on Event Organization creation, click here. In addition, Customers that use the ticket selling applications of the Services provide Seatrobot (or its payment processors) with billing details such as credit card information, banking information and/or a billing address.
II. Usage Information.
Services Metadata. When an Authorized User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Authorized Users work. For example, Seatrobot logs the Event Organizations, events, contacts, guests, emails and invites you view or interact with, the types of files shared, etc.
III. Log data.
As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
IV. Device information.
Seatrobot collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
V. Location information.
We receive information from you, your Customer and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. Seatrobot may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
VI. Cookie Information.
VII. Contact Information.
In accordance with the consent process provided by your device, any contact information that an Authorized User chooses to import (such as an address book from a device or a contact list from an .xls workbook upload) is collected when using the Services.
VIII. Third Party Data.
Seatrobot may receive data about organizations, industries, lists of companies that are customers, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners, or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate-level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an event invite process or response generator performed.
IX. Additional Information Provided to Seatrobot.
We also receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites or in other ways, such as if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, enroll in a certification program or other educational program hosted by Seatrobot or a vendor, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with Seatrobot.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, “Information”). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as Event Organization setup details, or contact lists, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
How We Use Information
Customer Data will be used by Seatrobot in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. Seatrobot is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the controller. Customer may, for example, use the Services to grant and remove access to a Event Organization, assign roles and configure settings, access, modify, export, share and remove Customer Data and otherwise apply its policies to the Services.
Seatrobot uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, Seatrobot uses Other Information:
• To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities, or at an Authorized User’s request.
• As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
• To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
• To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. Seatrobot tries to make the Services as useful as possible for specific Event Organizations and Authorized Users. For example, we may improve functionality by using Other Information to help determine features, layout, make Services suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organizational trends and insights, to customize a Services experience, or create new productivity features and products.
• To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages, and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about Seatrobot. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them. If you have additional questions about a message you have received from Seatrobot please reach out through the contact mechanisms described below.
• For billing, account management and other administrative matters. Seatrobot may need to contact you for invoicing, account management, and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
• To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
How We Share And Disclose Information
This section describes how Seatrobot may share and disclose Information. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of Information, and Seatrobot does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
• Customer’s Instructions. Seatrobot will solely share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with a Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
• Displaying the Services. When an Authorized User submits Other Information, it may be displayed to other Authorized Users in the same or connected Event Organization. For example, an Authorized User’s email address may be displayed with their Event Organization profile. Please consult the Help Center for more information on Services functionality.
• Collaborating with Others. The Services provide different ways for Authorized Users working in independent Event Organizations to collaborate, such as shared events or Third Party Invites. Other Information, such as an Authorized User’s profile Information, may be shared, subject to the policies and practices of the other Event Organization(s).
• Customer Access. Owners, administrators, Authorized Users, and other Customer representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify, or restrict access to Other Information. This may include, for example, your employer using Service features to export logs of Event Organization activity, or accessing or modifying your profile details.
• Third Party Service Providers and Partners. We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process Other Information and support our business. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and storage services, or we may share business information to develop strategic partnerships with Third Party Service providers to support our common customers. Additional information about the subprocessors we use to support delivery of our Services is set forth at Seatrobot Sub-processors.
• Corporate Affiliates. Seatrobot may share Other Information with its corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries.
• During a Change to Seatrobot’s Business. If Seatrobot engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Seatrobot’s assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities, some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
• Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as telling a prospective Seatrobot customer the average amount of time spent within a typical Event Organization.
• To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation, or legal process. Please see the Data Request Policy to understand how Seatrobot responds to requests to disclose data from government agencies and other sources.
• To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Seatrobot or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
• With Consent. Seatrobot may share Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
Seatrobot takes security of data very seriously. Seatrobot works hard to protect Other Information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Other Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. Seatrobot has received internationally recognized security certifications. To learn more about current practices and policies regarding security and confidentiality of the Services, please see our Security Practices. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, Seatrobot cannot guarantee that Information during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others. When you click a link to a third-party site, you will be leaving our site and we don’t control or endorse what is on third-party sites.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, Seatrobot does not allow use of our Services and Websites by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
Identifying The Data Controller And Processor
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the “controller” and “processor” of information. In general, Customer is the controller of Customer Data. In general, Seatrobot is the processor of Customer Data and the controller of Other Information. 13th & 8th Software Development LLC., a US company based in San Francisco, California is the controller of Other Information and a processor of Customer Data relating to Authorized Users who use Event Organizations established for Customers in the US and Canada.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your Services account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, contact the Customer who controls your Event Organization for additional access and assistance.
To the extent that Seatrobot’s processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (or applicable laws covering the processing of Personal Data in the United Kingdom), Seatrobot relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. Seatrobot may also process Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, and you have a right to object to Seatrobot’s use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time.
Your California Privacy Rights
This section provides additional details about the personal information we collect about California consumers and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA.”
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of personal information we collect (including how we use and disclose this information), to delete their personal information, to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at privacy@Seatrobot.com. We will verify your request using the information associated with your account, including email address. Government identification may be required. Consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to (i) restrict Seatrobot’s use of Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
13th & 8th Software Development LLC
426 Funston Avenue
San Francisco, CA, 94118