There are two ways to add additional contacts to Seatrobot: adding contacts one by one, or uploading contact lists (.csv or .xls files)
To add contacts individually, click on the Add Single Contact icon. This will open the Add Contact dialog box, to which you add your contact's details. Then click Save. Your contact will be added to your Seatrobot contact database.
To upload a contact list (.csv or .xls files only), click on the 'Add Multiple Contacts' button . This will take you to the Import contacts page. Do the following:
- If you want the contacts you are importing to be part of an existing contact list, select 'Add To Existing List'. You will be shown a list of all your contact lists. Select one.
- if you want the contacts you are importing to create a new contact list, click 'Create New List'. You will be prompted to name the new list.
- Select the file you wish to upload from your computer.
- When you have selected your list to upload, you will see the worksheet preview. Go through column by column, using the dropdowns at the head of each column to match your worksheet's columns with items in Seatrobot (e.g. First Name, Last Name, etc.)
- Click 'Import Selected File' when you are done matching your columns
The 'Number of Rows to Skip" dropdown allows you to select a number of header rows from your worksheet that will NOT be imported. Normally you would select '1' - this will prevent your worksheet's header row from being read as a contact in your import.